Monday, May 10, 2010

FROM ORDINARY TO EXTRAORDINARY

I don't want you to think that I think that I can do things extraordinary, but really what I wanted the title to mean was don't just settle for ordinary, take it to the next level.

I have this wonderful guest soap mold, that makes these cute 2" x 2" x 1" soaps. Each soap weighs about 2 ozs each. Great size to put at the bathroom sink. I love the size, I love how it has a bit of beveled edge and on it's own it's pretty.


Here I just swirled two colors for each set to make it a bit different. I was pleased with them. They actually were made for my Day At The Beach Gift Set available now on Ebay. You can find them HERE

A blank canvas can become almost anything, so can this soap mold, almost anything. So my first attempt was these heart ones below. I loved making these and they went very well during Valentine's Day. Each color was a different fragrance and I packaged them up four in a clear cello bag, pretty ribbon and a gift tag. They would make great bridal favors or wedding favors.

Then I realized that I had some small silicone molds for seashells. I made a bunch of them in white soap and added them to the top of clear turquoise beach fragrance guest soaps. These are so cute, they are perfect for a destination wedding or even as a gift for someone you are visiting at the shore.

Now I could of added a small toy to the top but I only like using soap on soap. I fear that a toy object might be accidentally rough, scratchy on the skin. Below is the finished product. I just added them to Ebay under our new Ebay name SoapFavors and you can find them HERE

I have a few more ideas cooking in my brain for this blank canvas and I'll give you a holler so you can see and then tell me what you think.

No comments: