Friday, December 10, 2010

Sales, stock, Canada, internet cafes, and more

Well, it's Friday, December 10th. 15 days until my favorite holiday, besides my birthday, which should be a national holiday only because nothing too exciting happened on August 3rd.

Wow, what are the odds that Germany would declare war with France in WWI, AND Hitler would take command over all of Germany, both on the same day in history?

I need to change my birthday. Sheesh.

Ok, so, let's get back to a more cheerful subject.

Christmas is coming soon! Yay. I've always enjoyed Christmas. I don't remember it so much when I was a little kid, but when I hit 10, let me tell you, brother, my sister and I hit the jackpot!

So, my parents divorced when I was 9 or so. It was sad, sure, but these things happen.

Check this out.

Christmas Eve, we would go to my grandparents house, on my mom's side. Always a crazy Christmas. Huge amount of food, huge amounts of presents. It was awesome.

We'd go home, sleep, and the next day, Christmas, was a marathon of gift giving and receiving. First, we had home gifts from mom. Awesome. Then my dad would pick my sister and I up and drive us to our other grandparents, where we got gifts from all of our aunts and uncles. Insane. THEN we'd get my dad's gifts.

We made out like bandits, truly.

I think I get two gifts these days... feels like I'm in the k-hole of gift karma, but so be it. I enjoy giving more than anything else.

Yeah, right.

No, really! Go away.

My dad passed away a long time ago, almost fifteen years ago. I haven't had much communication with his side of the family since, and it's a shame, but we kind of drifted apart. I always got along well with his brother and sisters. I'll have to give them a call this year.

Christmas now-a-days is all depending on how much money has come in, and how creative I'm feeling. I love giving gifts. I have an idea of what to get my gf, we'll see if I can make that happen.

Even though it's a bit early to say, sales have been pretty good this year. We were hoping more people would have purchased the Soap of the Month club, but it's something we'll keep all year round.

We sold out of Alien soaps and Envelope soaps, bacon, trollface, and some Christmas soaps, which is great.

In other news, we'll be, hopefully, opening up a Canada annex of Soapier, starting in January. We'll see what happens.

Other than that, folks... things are things. We're so very thankful for the customers we have, the holiday orders we received, and that my sister is out of the hospital, taking it easy, and doing much better.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for supporting us. I wish you all a fantastic holiday season.

John @ Soapier

Oh, I was writing this at an internet cafe, with no coffee. So there.

No comments: