Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our First Contest... IS OVER!

Wow, what a ride.

On May 11th I decided to have this really fun contest. Take a photo of yourself, your friends, your pets, whatever, with soap. 3 prizes, $30 gift certificates.

And we have got our winners!

Ahem.

Yes?

Can I talk to you for a moment

Uh, sure... excuse me folks.

(walk over to a table, sit down)

Listen, I'm not sure how to tell you this.

Ok.

We didn't get any entrants for the photo contest.

What?

Yeah. No entries. No photos. No interest. Nothing.

But... I did all that promoting.

I know.

I put that contest on like 16 websites.

I know.

Well then, what happened?

(shrugs)

Sigh. Well, thanks.

Don't mention it.

(back to crowd)

Well... I, ummm, am not sure how to say this... but there are no winners because there were no entries.

Well. Thanks for stopping by, I guess.

We'll have more contests soon!

soapier.com

3 comments:

jewellery by erin said...

Oh that sucks. I feel your pain. My second blog giveaway is notgoing nearly as well as I had hoped.
Here's the thing. I MEANT to enter, but then the opportune moment to take a photo featuring soap never really presented itself, and well...
If it is any consolation, I do pop in and read the blog.

Soapier said...

erin, it is a consolation, thanks! It happens. Not too many people know about us. Just have to keep plugging away! - J

Anne-Marie said...

Aw, don't feel bad. I've had the same thing happen to me on my blog and felt sort of hurt and embarrassed since I work so hard on the blog and it was like, "What? Am I just talking to myself here?"

I'm sure the next one will get more entries.