Friday, July 10, 2009

My adventure to appease Reddit

Ok, so. The place we buy scents from (one of the places anyway) had a sample order we made for the bacon fragrance.

Now, two other people have to sniff the fragrance, but I think we found a winner! I'm very excited about it.

Had a panic attack while I was walking back to the subway. Was exhausted by the time I got home.

We'll have the soap mold tomorrow or Monday, and have prototypes ready to take photos and send to Reddit.

Looks like I'm going to have to take a ton of xanax and head down to Florida. Reddit will be pre-selling the soap for 2-3 weeks, so that we have time to make as much as possible before they are shipped (although we'll be shipping as we make them... just to get them to the customers as quickly as possible).

I don't have a fear of flying, btw. Isn't that weird?

Oh, and I got a Reddit shirt today, and I can't tell you how much I wanted someone to stop me on the street while I had the fragrances, and tell them who I was, and share them with them. That would have been awesome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, random redditor here making a return trip to contemplate his next purchase.

I was wondering if you've started gathering metrics on what your most popular soaps are; My first trip here I wasn't aware there were multiple pages of products, and I figured maybe with a bit of data from prior, you could compile a list of featured soaps that people seem to favor or maybe find a correlation between the highest selling soaps and which soaps have been on the first page of whatever section.

:)

Soapier said...

Yeah, I can tell you which of the soaps were our best sellers from this recent group of purchases.

Vanilla, Beach Breezes, Crisp Cotton, Sweet Pea, Orange A-Peel.

Those were the five best sellers. Also Amber Goat's Milk, Kitchen Soap, and Oatmeal, Milk & Honey.

I put up a page that has all of our products: http://www.soapier.com/all_products.htm

Thanks!

heather (errantdreams) said...

My amber goat's milk and kitchen soap (COFFEE!) arrived yesterday, and they're awesome! Very yummy. Husband had to remind me they aren't edible. ;)

Anonymous said...

Any chance you guys might start making lotions too?

I love the soaps - wonderful stuff. It would be great to be able to layer the fragrances with some lotion too :)

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Um, I really don't have any desire for soap that smells like bacon. For real.

If you're not making Reddit soap that doesn't smell like bacon, that's a big mistake.

I won't buy soap that smells like bacon. That's for a niche demographic.

Soapier said...

We're going to re-introduce our lotions, yes.

We are offering an orange scented reddit soap, not to worry!

Anonymous said...

Orange? Sweet. That's what I voted for. In that case, carry on!

Unknown said...

Man, rose isn't up there? I LOVE your rose petal slice!