Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Heading to Florida

Well... I was going to shoot video, and put together a near little montage of my trip to Florida, but I fell to one of the worst genetic problems one can fall to.

Procrastination.

My whole family has it. I'm not going to say 'it's like a cancer', even though it is.

Ok, it's totally like a cancer.

I didn't end up leaving until 4:15. That was 15 minutes late. Then, I got down to the subway and had to wait two trains, because they were tooooo full, and I wouldn't have gotten a seat to relax and eat my sandwich.

Which was important.

The trip was uneventful. I'm not sure what I would have recorded, but I could have put it to cool music, and that would have made even the most benign footage interesting.

Oh well.

I'm at the airport, waiting for the call to get on the plane.

I think it was in The Stand, yeah, where Glen Bateman talks about planes crashing. The gist is that somehow, some people know if a plane is going to crash, and that most plane crashes are actually only half filled, because people sense something is wrong, and they don't get on the plane.

That might have been true in the 70s/80s. I don't suspect that people would give up a seat these days. The cost is brutal.

Anyway, I'm heading down for my initial visit, to help with the holiday rush. We'll be making soap every day, and doing some fixings to the site, and we'll see how it goes. I expect good things.

Then I'll be back up in NY for the Colbert Rally, we'll be hiring on some help, and getting through the holidays. From there... well, you all will know how we're doing. If you get one or two word blogs, we're busy. If you get a novel, buy as much soap as you can!

No comments: